Early Learning Coalition of Duval,
- Created by the Florida Legislature in 1999.
- Incorporated in 2000.
- Purpose was to ensure preschool-aged children from low-income working families in Duval County are prepared to enter kindergarten ready to learn and experience success.
- Florida Statute Section 411.01 requires that School Readiness services be offered on a full-day, full-year, full choice to the extent possible in order to enable parents to work and be financially self-sufficient.
- Local oversight and administration of the Voluntary Pre- Kindergarten program in Duval County was added in 2005.
- Member of partnerships and community wide efforts to improve early learning in Jacksonville and Duval County.
- Oversight and administration of the School Readiness Child Care Financial Assistance program in Duval County was added in 2012.